6/12/08

Airlines do not always post their flight arrivals timely

My son is going to spend the summer in Finland. My husband and I dropped him off at the airport and wished him a good trip. By next day 4 hours after his flight suppose to arrive, I checked the airlines flight status, and it's status is still "In Flight". I called the airlines (United and Lufthansa),all say the most updated information they have is that the flight left Frankfurt at 3:30 suppose to arrival at Helsinki at 6:30 pm. It was 10:30 pm local time and the airline's website still shows the flight was "In Flight". The one before his and after his all have landed. I was having a panic attack, feeling my blood curdling and head getting numb. I checked on the internet again, and found a website (http://www.flightstats.com) which confirms that the flight was indeed landed, with 50 minutes delay.... And later I called my son's girlfriend's cell phone and finally got hold of them! Whew!

I don't understand why airline themselves can not update their flight information as quickly! So to all mothers, check the flight status on http://www.flightstats.com before panic!

No comments: