4/25/08

My favorite kitchen appliances

Here's the ranking of my favorite kitchen appliances and how I use them:
(1)Bread Machines-Zojirushi two-roter. I make bread almost daily. I only use the "dough" setting, which runs in a 45 min cycle. I make my own French bread, dinner rolls, pizza doughs and fancy versions of the above such as cheese bread, onion rolls. Buy a good bread machine, it may cost you a little more at the beginning, but it will pay for itself in a long run. I make my bread for less than 30 cents a loaf, and they taste soooooo good!
(2)Rice Cooker - Get a nice one with good insulation. I use mine for making rice (duh), sushi rice, Spanish rice, jambalaya, dirty rice, cook potatoes for mashed potatoes... When I make the other versions of rice, I first saute the the veggies or meats on the stove top, then add the rice cook a bit longer to coat the rice with flavors, add tomatoes sauce or broth, then dump the whole thing into the rice cooker, simple.
(3)My new Electric Pressure _ Deni. this is my new favorite, I love it for stewing meats or making chilies. I cooked beef ribs (with a few spices) in it until it is tender, then bring it out and smasher the ribs with my homemade bbq sauce (recipe later) and put it back in the oven, cook until it is done, yum, and much quicker!
(4) Electric hot water cattle- A must have if you are a tea drinker like me. I actually make coffee for my husband using a French press coffee maker. It taste really good.
more later....

No comments: